"Internal Server Error" When saving a template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Internal Server Error" When saving a template

well there was already a thread about this which didnt have the solution I needed to solve the problem and I posted there but Steve Machol tolld me I should start a new thread about my problem, while it is exactly the same.. so anyway, the problem is as follows:

whenever I make any changes to a template and try to submit them Im getting the following error:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    And some other instructions whom dont help one bit (more info @ server error log.. cant find any?)

Safe mode is turned off for the server in question and the error only occurs when I make changes to a template, when I submit an unaltered template it doesnt return any errors, also this problem only occurs when saving templates, not in any other case I know of.

So.. this is as far as I am, hope someone has some more info on the problem..

Also as I explained in your support ticket, there is no Apache version info given in your phpinfo file. This is extremely unusual and is indicative of a server configuration problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Im sorry I didnt mention this before but the forum in question is not the one in my profile (crystalcore.nl)

Im also an admin on http://www.rip-productions.ws/forum/ which is the forum with the problem..

Comment

Yeah the server variable is blank is it Apache or IIS?
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

The server administrator aint online at the moment so I cant ask him, but would this effect the matter of saving templates? as far as I know the server admin did want to use something else then apache as apache wasnt very good at image processing according to him so its very well possible that the forum runs on something else but apache..

though I dont understand how the updating of templates should make an effect on the server unlike any other SQL/php actions used in vbulletin as the only real interfearance with the webhost itself is the $_REQUEST variable I see in the update template function?

I guess you need more info about what webserver we use but perhaps you could tell me something about what makes this template update function to different from the rest of the function used in vb?

Comment

Just checked with one of the guys in charge of the server, he said its using apache.

Would this being a blank field have anything to do with the error im getting?

(btw steve machol, license info updated )

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X