Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Registration - can i have a "send message" option? Or invitations??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration - can i have a "send message" option? Or invitations??

Hi there,

is it possible to have a "send message to admin" box when people sign up/register?

For example people who sign up could be asked to identify themselves so i could accept/reject their registration, by sending a short message to me.

Or better still -- would it be possible for admins/mods to "invite" guests to join the board, rather than us having to approve registrations?

Thanks,

-- vishal

Originally posted by Vishalsachar
    Hi there,

is it possible to have a "send message to admin" box when people sign up/register?
    This feature already exists.

Go To:

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > User Registration Options > Email Address to Notify About New Members
    For example people who sign up could be asked to identify themselves so i could accept/reject their registration, by sending a short message to me.
    Here is how I would accomplish this with the existing software.
    1. Moderate all new members.
    2. Create a new User Profile Field, that is a text entry box, set it as a required field during registration, and set it so that it is only visible to mods and admins. Whatever is entered will be included in the email you recieve when a new member joins.
    3. You can also use the referral system which can be set to mandatory and if the person listed as the referrer is not valid you can deny their membership.
    Just make sure you give a good description of what you want to be entered in the text box. Make sure that users know that the information they provide can only be seen by forum staff, and that it will be used to help determine if their membership is going to be approved. If you elect to use the referral system to allow/disallow memberships make sure you let everyone know exactly who is allowed to refer new members to your forum, and that no one elses referrals will be approved unless you grant an exception.
    Or better still -- would it be possible for admins/mods to "invite" guests to join the board, rather than us having to approve registrations?
    This is not currently an option, but it is a good idea and if you would like to see it in a future release post in the suggestions & feedback area. If you would like it now you can always ask for a custom Hack over at vBulletin.org

Probably not exactly what you were looking for, but I hope it helps.

Comment

Once again MegHertz, you hit the nail on the head! I will definately try those settings, and it makes sense too!

Thanks a bunch -- you're a fantastic help.

Comment

is this still the best way to go about mandatory referrals, even for 3.5 versions... it sounds clean.

Comment

Now there is a complete invites system at vBulletin.org that will do allow you to do this very easily.

Invites System

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X