Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• displaying server loads

Hi,

I'm running 2 boards on the same host under the same account.

On one board I can see the server loads under Quick Admin Links, but on the other board, the load averages do not appear.

I have 3.01 on both boards. Is there something I need to change to get this to display?

thanks,

Ed

If the two forums are on the same account and one works then the other should also work. The only reason it shouldn't work is if the hosting account doesn't have permission to run the top command.

Are you sure they are on the same account? Maybe they are on different hosting accounts on the same server?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      If the two forums are on the same account and one works then the other should also work. The only reason it shouldn't work is if the hosting account doesn't have permission to run the top command.

Are you sure they are on the same account? Maybe they are on different hosting accounts on the same server?
      I have a single account with my host. That account allows me to have multiple domains. I can ftp to my user space and see all my domains, including both boards listed in subdirectories of my user space.

My user space is probably virtual, I think the various domains are on different physical machines at the host. But I only use 1 account to log in no matter which domain I want to administer.

Comment

There must be a difference between the domains. You should ask your host about this.

Comment

Well it relies on us being able to run the top command or access /proc/<something> if you have security limits due to open_basedir or safe mode is turned on for a particular account then it would not show. This is something that you'd need to talk to your host about.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
            security limits due to open_basedir
            Thanks, that was the problem.

I'm on dreamhost, and 1 domain was running with php as cgi (no restrictions) and 1 was running php as an apache module with open_basedir restrictions.

Once I changed it to run php as cgi, the loads appeared.

Thanks again!

Ed

Comment

i wouldn't recommend running PHP as a CGI. Its not very efficent compared to an apache module as you invoke an extra process for every page load.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Working...
              X