mysql error number: 1146

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mysql error number: 1146

I am doing a test upgrade from 3.0.0 RC1 to VB 3.01 and I am getting the following error.
    Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:

SELECT title, data

FROM datastore

WHERE title IN ('options', 'cron', 'forumcache', 'usergroupcache', 'stylecache')

mysql error: Table 'sb.datastore' doesn't exist

I am running Webmin and when I view the tables I don't even see a "datastore"?!?! I looked at a couple other databases that I have from other forums and they don't have one either?!?! Am I doing somthing wrong?

As far as I can see I have no table prefix either..

Thanks in advance!

should be there, thats where alot of info stored like most users online etc etc
    To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
    My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
    CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
    Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

I just did a test "new" install and it created the datastore and I see it in the test database but when I look at the one I want to upgrade (and another that I have) they don't have a datastore??!?! Yet they do display "most users on line" etc

Comment

There are others in the VB3 RC1 that aren't in the VB3.0.01 database as well .. such as "adminhelp", "attachementtype", "attachement views" etc.. there are a bunch?!?! Makes me wonder if I can even upgrade this?!?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks.

Comment

Honestly there should be no problerm upgrading from RC1. Do you have a clean backup of your RC1 database? If so, restore it to a new db and try again.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have tried restoring it and trying again.. no luck..

My database for RC1 looks like it has the exact same tables as a 2.x.x database.. is that possible? Should it look like a 3.0.1 database?

Thanks again!

-Curtis

Comment

How many tables exactly?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have 39 in the 3.0.0 RC1..

Comment

So I tried to do follow a 2.x.x upgrade last night because as far as I can see I have the same number of tables as a 2.x.x database even though in my cp it says its a 3.0.0 and it didn't work either.. I got the exact same error. I am pretty much at a stand still now as I am out of ideas..

Comment

vB3 has 83 tables. If you do not have that many tables, then is is either not a vB3 database, or many of the tables are missing.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Do you know what version has 39 by chance? Or what could have caused this?
                      Is there some detailed info that I can provide you so that you will have a better understanding of what I am talking about?
                      I am a little green at this as my board installed fine and has been running for quite some time with no hick ups but I want to get to a stable release and don;t wnat to loose my data..

I even tried to do a fresh install and import the data in to the new board but that didn't work either

Comment

I think 2.3.0 went to 40 tables from 39. Not sure the exact version. However 39 tables is the number in older vB2 versions.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sorry for taking such a long time to reply to this.. I got super busy over the summer/fall and haven't a chance to look at this again. I have spent the last 6 hours refreshing my mind on what was happening here and have searched the entire support forum and tied EVERY possible solution / fix with no luck.

I am using a test site and database which is identical to the one I have to upgrade.

This is still the error message I received when trying to upgrade:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT title, data

FROM datastore

WHERE title IN ('options', 'cron', 'forumcache', 'usergroupcache', 'stylecache')

Date: Tuesday 14th of December 2004 05:15:15 PM

Script: http://www.ancientsway.org/install/upgrade12.php

I have taken this site over about a year ago and as far as I can see everything says VB 3.0.0 BUT it doesn't have the tables that it should etc. I have the install files from which it was installed as well and even if I do a fresh install from those and import the database back in it comes up with the same thing.

I have tried running the database_conflicts.php script which produced a "Version Conflict" error. So I searched for that error and found a thread where the person was told to drop that field and it work for them. So I dropped that field which cleared up that error BUT I still get the same error when I try to the upgrade.

I have double check ALL permissions and everything seems to be fine. I did a Chown -R-v mysql:mysql on the database even just to make sure.

I ran the "Fixoptions.php" script and it gave me this error:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT title, data

FROM datastore

Date: Tuesday 14th of December 2004 05:20:32 PM

Script: http://www.ancientsway.org/fixoptions.php

Pretty much the same thing!

I really want to get this going ASAP. My site is growing faster then ever and I need to get this upgrade done! I purchased my new licenses for VB 3 in May 04 and I have yet to use it .

Pleeeease help me with this as I seem to have run into a brick wall.

Thanks!

Comment

As pointed out earlier, the 39 db tables you have were not the correct number of tables for vB 3.0 RC1. It should have been over 80. Exactly which version of vB were you upgrading from? If it was RC1, then you are missing a lot of tables.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

How can I tell forsure what version it is? in the admin cp all it says is 3.0.0 but its not the release as it has been running over a year.

Is there a ini file or somthing somwhere that would list the exact version?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X