Problem with Email Confirmation upon change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Email Confirmation upon change

i have tried a million and one things but i cant seem to get this to work.. when i change my email address it doesnt say it has to confirm and whats more no confirmation is sent .... i went to my ACP and to VB Options and User Registration Options and verify email upon Registration is checked.. but i cant find anything for verifying when changing the email... am i doing something wrong???

An email should be sent. If email confirmation is enabled then users will be put into the confirmation group when they change their email.

What is the URL to your forums? I want to see if I have the problem.

Comment

www.hofoufn.com

Comment

It's working for me. I am getting the email after I change my email address.

The email is being sent but is probably getting blocked or filtered out by a spam filter. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do about this except tell your users to check their spam boxes.

Comment

i checked my spam folders and nothing.. what i dont understand is that it was working for me fine.... but not anymore.. are there any queries i can run that will gaurantee that the confirmation is set for all users?

Comment

You can pull up a list of users awaiting email confirmation by going to your:

Admin CP -> Users -> Search for Users

Search for all users in the Users Awaiting Email Confirmation group.

Comment

thats the thing i recently had to move all the users that where in there to registered users usergroup..because they werent getting emails for activation i double checked their emails and 90 percent where real while the rest i deleted there accnts...
              whats strange is.. at first i was telling them to check their spam folder.. but while some found it there others didnt so i manually sent them an email not through vb .. using the same email addy of the board and they got it.. so thats y im confused...
              so if theres a way to reset the boards option in the database for every user i think it may help rectify this wacky email thing

Comment

Originally posted by sketch42
                whats strange is.. at first i was telling them to check their spam folder.. but while some found it there others didnt so i manually sent them an email not through vb .. using the same email addy of the board and they got it.. so thats y im confused...
                Spam filters filter by content. If the two emails had different content then it's possible for one to get filtered and one not.

Comment

but when I .. change my email i dont get a confirmation page saying that since i changed the email i would have to verify the accnt maybe its just me .. but id like to fix it... can i reupload any original ..specific vb files to correct this error... ??

Comment

ok im an idiot... i think i understand finally whats going on... since im the $superadmin
                    i cant be changed.. meaning i cant go into the users awaiting email confirmation usergroup.. so therefore i would never have to confirm my email addy ... is this correct jake?

Comment

Actually it's $undeletableusers that can't be altered.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yea that one..lol but is that right that if im the undeletableuser that i wont go into the users awaiting email confirm?

Comment

That's correct.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

When changing email, Moderators and Admins aren't asked to verify their email address. As to why moderators are exempt, I'm not sure.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X