No announcement yet.

Style Import Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what it should look like. I'll give it a shot with those settings. Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

Comment

Ok I think I've definitely tracked down a bug of some kind in 3.0.1

If I do it as per the settings shown, (and I've included a screenshot of exactly what I did) I get the error message shown in this bug report:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs....iew&bugid=3026

If, however, I upload the XML file to teh server I am able to import it normally and all works ok. I know that the server in question has PHP running in safe mode, is this perhaps behind the upload problem? If so, can something be put in place, some sort of test that determines if safe mode is active and if so displays a message saying "You must upload the file to the server as any upload through a browser will fail"?
      Attached Files

Comment

Glad to see you were able to get things working.

Although I'm not sure why you had the problem you did. I can tell you this the server I imported your style on is also running with PHP safemode enabled.

Comment

different problem

Hi
          I'm having a similar problem installing a style
          When i press submit i get the following error

XML Error: syntax error at Line 1

the style is end in a .style ie, orbitz.style
          i changed the name to orbitz.xml

i get the same error both times?
          Whats goin on

Comment

You cannot use a .style file (which is for vB2) in vB3. SAnd changing the name of it will not work either.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

so all the ones .style are useless?
              anyway i can change it to something vb3 can read?
              Last edited by jaffabuk; Fri 25 Mar '05, 7:52am.

Comment

The vB2 .style files are not compatible with vB3. There is no way to make them compatible. If you are going to upload and use a style, you need to use a true .xml file designed for vB3.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok, thanks. that saved a few hours of more confussion

cheers

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X