Display order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display order

Stupid question here! Sorry, I can't help it, Where is the option in Admin to set my threads to diplay the most recent at the top. And my posts in the thread are posting the most recent posts at the bottum.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Fiber

Admin Control panel > vbulletin options > vbulletin options > user registration options > thread display order > here you can set the default thread displayorder

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
      Admin Control panel > vbulletin options > vbulletin options > user registration options > thread display order > here you can set the default thread displayorder
      I am sorry if I am not understanding. I know how to order the forums, just not the threads and posts. Please forgive me If I am just toally missing what you are saying.

Fiber

Comment

The forums are handled in the forum manager, and the default setting for the thread display order is set in the user registration group.

Comment

Ok, got the threads in order, but do not see the posting order options?
          For example when I posted this reply I want it on my VB to be at the top of the thread not the bottom.
          Last edited by fiber; Sun 20 Jun '04, 11:45am.

Comment

Trying to answer others questions in hope I will get the last part of my question answered.

Fiber

Comment

Well it seems from what VB.org says that there is no option for how "posts are listed /ascending/descending based on replies. So this must be a hack that I am needing?

Fiber1

Comment

Edit: If I understand you correctly, this option is available to anyone. All they need to do is choose 'ascending' and the thread order. I don't know how to make this choice the default setting though. It may be possible with template editing. I'll look.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Is this what you are looking for:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query

Then choose 'Posts - Oldest first' and click on 'Continue'.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X