Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a skin

How do I install a skin?

Please can someone help me by telling me where to upload the files to? I've never done this before and am new to vBulletin.

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place, or if this question has been asked before. I did do a search, but didn't find what I wanted.
    Jeez... I can't believe my post count mostly consists of questions! :eek:

Usually, there should be instructions with styles, youll need to upload the images folder to your webserver, then go into the AdminCP > Styles & templates > Download / Upload Styles > Click on Browse under Import Style XML File , browse to the file on your pc. then click on import

Comment

I'm trying to install the Grey Style skin, there's no instructions with it, so could you please provide me with exact instructions about which folders on my server should I upload the files to? The instructions you provided wasn't clear at all.

Comment

Admin Control Panel > Styles & Templates > Download/Upload Styles > Goto the Upload section and click on browse, select the .xml from you hard drive and set 'based on parent' to the default vbulletin 3 style and submit the form, it will import it and then users can use it.

Comment

I've followed your instructions, but the style doesn't show up at all on my forums. What do I need to do to make it show up? Do I need to upload the graphic files that comes with the skin as well?

Comment

Do you have a link for me to the style, so I can check it out for you?

Comment

You want my URL? It's www.gamehub.co.uk/forums/index.php

Comment

No sorry, I want the URL of the skin you are installing, so I can open the .zip file and see what it is. Is it the .zip from the announcement posted by kier?

Comment

Oh. I'll have a look to see who posted the .zip file.

Comment

Yeah, I think it was Kier who posted it.

Comment

Basicly import the .xml file as a child on the default style and allow users to switch styles, then goto the user control panel > options > style : grey .. and you will use it. I don't think it came with any images.

Comment

I did all that, but the option to switch styles doesn't show up in my Options page.

There were about 3 or 4 images included in the .zip file.

Comment

What's the URL to your forums? Did you set the style options in the vBulletin Options to allow users to change styles?
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I posted the URL in one of my posts below.

I don't know, I'll take a look. BTW, is there a safe way of removing any uploaded, unwanted styles from the forums?

Sorry, I did warn that I am new to vBulletin... LOL.

Comment

No need to apologize We are here to help. The more details we have, the better we can help.

You can goto the Admin Control Panel > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > and from the drop down box behind the style you want to remove, click on 'delete style' and confirm that you want to delete it.

Comment

Working...
                              X