X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hIBEES
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    If you have the google toolbar installed, it will go to any site you do, just so you know
    i've not thou

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    If you have the google toolbar installed, it will go to any site you do, just so you know

Leave a comment:

• hIBEES
    replied
    ok no troubles there,done all you said

was a bit worried because it wasn't showing the "STOP" sign

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Open a new browser, make sure you have no cookies set for the site, and browse your forum as a guest, then manually type in the admin control panel path in your browser and surf to it. If you get the user/pass prompt, so far so good. Now a bot or guest has to know the user/pass for a member with permission to enter the admin control panel. Otherwise after login (successful) they will get redirected to the forum, and not enter the admin control panel. You can try loggin in as a member with no permission to the admin control panel. Ofcourse, google bot won't know a user/pass - and a member wil get redirected back. So, unless google has a u/p - it will only get access denied.

You can add an extra security layer to your admin control panel and moderator control panel by adding a .htaccess user/pass password setup. Set a different name and pass then you use for the forums.

Leave a comment:

• hIBEES
    started a topic Permissions and search engines

Permissions and search engines

Hi,

Just been viewing "who's online"

Google Spider -Admin Control Panel

Used to have a "STOP" sign but not since I installed VBPortal
    After doing a search and lookin at many threads i'm a bit unsure of how to stop search engines from viewing here,are they actually in the ACP?

I've checked all the permissions and unregistered etc are all denied permission for ACP!

Any help??
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X