2.3.2 upgrade to 3.01 RC - can't log in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.3.2 upgrade to 3.01 RC - can't log in

NOTE: Support Ticket is open on this - but hasn't had any responses for the past 5 hours so in desperation I am posting here as well.

OK - completed the upgrade from 2.3.2 to current 3.01 - all the way through all the beta upgrades & release candidates - all the way to the admin panel login screen - and there I am stuck again.

I cannot login (either to the admincp itself or to view the forum itself) - and trying to view the forum itself also results in the following error:

<html><head><title> Database Error</title><style>P,BODY{FONT-FAMILY:tahoma,arial,sans-serif;FONT-SIZE:11px;}</style><body>

<!-- Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL: SELECT templatesetid,replacementsetid,userselect FROM style WHERE styleid='1'
    mysql error: Unknown column 'templatesetid' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Saturday 19th of June 2004 10:08:33 AM
    Script: /login.php
    Referer: http://www.bobforum.com/admincp/index.php
    -->

</table></td></tr></table></form>
    <blockquote><p>&nbsp;</p><p><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.</b><br>

It looks like the upgrade didn't complete. Revert to the backup and try again. Please read the upgrade instructions carefully on http://www.vBulletin.com/docs/html

Comment

Humor me here - I'm looking for instructions to restore the backup and I can't locate them. Link?

(I do have a full backup dump from last night - but I don't know what to do with it - I've never had to do a restore)

Comment

Restore:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ce_ssh_restore
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OMG thank you. I just couldn't find it.

Comment

I am so screwed.

Updating the ticket - need remedial help.

Comment

Fixed via the support system.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

My compliments to an awesome Support System.

Steve - you've helped me more than once in the past two years - you're a tremendous asset to the vBulletin Community.

Thanks to all the folks behind the scenes who have made this such a premier application.

Belinda Johnson

Comment

Thank you for your kind feedback, and my apologies for not replying sooner. I went to bed and didn't process all the email-replies yet. I am glad Steve has been able to help complete your support questions.

Comment

Working...
                  X