Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Wheatley
    replied
    Thanks for info Jake, didn't mean to offend, though my text was like that.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim Wheatley
    Forget it I'll go ask elsewhere again.
    If you want to ask elsewhere I recommend www.vbulletin.org, the official vB hacking site. I usually have good luck in the PHP / MySQL / JS / HTML forum.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim Wheatley
    Your answer is not what I asked for in any way I'm afraid, and seems to show lack of knowledge of your software...
    I am very knowledgeable. It shows that I misunderstood your post.

That forum option is stored using a binary scheme in a single field along with the other forum options, so there is no query to change that one option. But you can still run a query to set all of the options to be the same for all forums, and then go back into your Forum Manager afterwards and make changes to individual forums.

To get the stored value for the options for a forum, run this query on your database:

SELECT options FROM forum WHERE forumid = X

Where X is the forumid of the forum. If you use table prefixes then you need to change forum to include the prefix.

That query will return a number. You need to use that number in the next query:

UPDATE forum SET options = Y

Where Y is the number you got from the first query. Keep table prefixes in mind. Now all forums will have the same settings.

You should backup before running these queries.

You can run these queries in your:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query

Make sure your userid is entered into your includes/config.php file so you have permission to run queries:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
    // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
    // See the above entries for more information on the format.
    // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
    // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
    $canrunqueries = '';

Leave a comment:

• Tim Wheatley
    replied
    Forget it I'll go ask elsewhere again.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Wheatley
    replied
    When I searched every question of this type (mass forum settings) were in here, except the one I wanted. But thanks for your 'help' too...

Leave a comment:

• MegaHertz
    replied
    If you want a query try asking in the MySQL forum.

MySQL (2 Viewing)
    Ask here about SQL queries, setting up MySQL, or anything else to do with MySQL.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Wheatley
    replied
    Well you're wrong there... What about the setting in the forum manager to not show that forum on forumjump? That's what I want a query for.

Your answer is not what I asked for in any way I'm afraid, and seems to show lack of knowledge of your software...

Anyone else who can help, please?

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    The forumjump menu can only be disabled globally or removed from specific styles by editing the templates. To disable the forumjump menu globally, go to your:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Use Forum Jump Menu

To remove the forumjump menu from a specific style, go to your:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> forumjump

Delete the contents of that template.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Wheatley
    started a topic How to mass disable forumjump?

How to mass disable forumjump?

My forumjump menu is too large and the html is literally too much html to allow me to use it, it stops the footer loading in some cases for ages...

I want to run a query to turn it off for every forum, so I can manually turn it on for the few I need.

Any chance?