Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I Display A Group of Forums as Subforums in a Separate Vbulletin Installation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Originally posted by Ranger West
    How Do I Display A Group of Forums as Subforums in a Separate Vbulletin Installation (on a different domain)?
    You can create "link" forums on one of your installations that point to the forum links on your other forum. To create a "link" forum go to your:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Add New Forum

When creating the forum, enter the link in the Forum Link field.

Originally posted by Ranger West
    Also, what is the best way to have single regsitration for a number of separately installed forums, each with its own license. What tables must be duplicated in the mysql? I apologize if all this has been asked before, but where are the threads that might shed light on this?
    There are several tables that would need to be duplicated. I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org, the official vB hacking site, for help with this.

Leave a comment:

• How Do I Display A Group of Forums as Subforums in a Separate Vbulletin Installation?

How Do I Display A Group of Forums as Subforums in a Separate Vbulletin Installation (on a different domain)?

I understand this would require two licenses, which is fine.

What I'm tryting to do is this:

domain1.com/forums =
    1. tennis
    2. golf
    3. basketball

domain2.com/forums =
    1. sports
    a. tennis (same as doman1.com)
    b. golf (same as domain1.com)
    c. basketball (same as domain1.com)
    2. news
    3. weather

thanks!

Also, what is the best way to have single regsitration for a number of separately installed forums, each with its own license. What tables must be duplicated in the mysql? I apologize if all this has been asked before, but where are the threads that might shed light on this?

Thanks so very much!

Best,

Ranger
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X