Disable reputation for certain usergroups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable reputation for certain usergroups

We have a problem where some users are creating lots of accounts which are not validated via e-mail (left in users awaiting confirmation usergroup)

However these users can start using the reputation system immediately, thus they are targeting individual users and giving them negative reputation.

Is there any way this can be made a usergroup permission? Users awaiting e-mail confirmation shouldn't be able to use the reputation system, especially when their accounts are not activated.

The only way I can think of doing this is thought conditional statements, but I dont really think thats the place for security/locking down the reputation system?

Thanks for any help,

Martin.
    HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
    -
    Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

I suggest, in the reputation system, set the ammount of posts to a higher level before it lets reputation effect other members

Comment

Thanks for the quick response

It's not that they can affect the reputation of people (we already have a post requirement), it's that they can leave comments using the reputation system. This means anyone can send anonomous messages to people even if that accounts email isn't validated yet. The PM system can be disabled for such users, the reputation system needs that option too.
      -

Comment

Ah, ok, i see what your saying and yes i agree.

For the time being, you might want to just use a condtional to hide the link, this should stop a good chunk of the users.

<if condition="is_mebmer_of($bbuserinfo, X)">Reputation link here </if>

Change X to the usergroupid for the users awating email.

Comment

The next release of vBulletin has moved this to usergroup permissions as well as a couple other reputation options.

Comment

That's excellent, cheers.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
              Ah, ok, i see what your saying and yes i agree.

For the time being, you might want to just use a condtional to hide the link, this should stop a good chunk of the users.

<if condition="is_mebmer_of($bbuserinfo, X)">Reputation link here </if>

Change X to the usergroupid for the users awating email.
              If I wanted to use that code to stop more than one usergroup from seeing the repuation button what would I do?

Comment

bump

Comment

Still waiting for help in this topic. Please advise.

Comment

Please wait at least 12 hours before bumping your posts. If I knew the answer I would have posted it.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                      Please wait at least 12 hours before bumping your posts. If I knew the answer I would have posted it.
                      Arrrgh. Sorry about that, but do you think it would work to do the following for multiple usergroups?

PHP Code:
                      <if condition="is_mebmer_of($bbuserinfo, X,X,X)">Reputation link here </if> 
                      * Where X= the varying usergroup numbers?

Thanks

Comment

I still don't know the answer, but I'm pretty sure that:

is_mebmer_of

...should be:

is_member_of
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X