Changing user title with subscription purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing user title with subscription purchase

I'm having a problem with subscriptions. When someone is added to the Supporter group I've created, their user title doesn't change.

The group they're being moved to has a custom user title I've created with some html.

The other problem I'm having is that the html I'm using under this Supporter group has had to be changed recently, but users are still displaying the old html. Is there a way to force this new html through on the forum pages?

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Update User Titles

That should fix both problems.

Comment

Thanks Jake. That solved problem #2, but not #1.

I have spent the last year or so manually moving people to the Supporter group and recently upgraded to 3.0.1 to automate the process.

Because I had some things configured wrong, the first paying user had to be done manually. I have the primary usergroup set to "No change" and the additional usergroup checked for the Supporter group.

But the user is still not showing publicly as anything other than Registered, even though he now is listed as an active member of this subscribed group.

Comment

So does anyone else have any suggestions? I was hoping to avoid opening a ticket with Jelsoft...

Comment

What I Found

Originally posted by pierguy
          Because I had some things configured wrong, the first paying user had to be done manually. I have the primary usergroup set to "No change" and the additional usergroup checked for the Supporter group.

But the user is still not showing publicly as anything other than Registered, even though he now is listed as an active member of this subscribed group.
          Hi pierguy -

After doing some reasearch about Usergroups, I found that a user will always show the user title attached to the Primary Usergroup, not the Additional Usergroup.

If you set the Primary Usergroup to 'Supporter' it should work.

Hope this works,
          -Robert
          -r007

Comment

So you're saying that when a person purchases an upgrade their user title doesn't change?

If I set the Primary Usergroup to Supporter, will their title automatically roll back to Registered in a year after their subscription expires, or do I have to do that manually to every single person?

Comment

So here's what I got from opening a ticket.

1. If you choose a secondary usergroup, it won't show that user title. You have to force it as the primary usergroup.

2. Even then, the user title does not disappear and revert to the original "Registered" title at the end of the subscription, thus making the reader believe he's still subscribed. You have to do that manually. (See final post) http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107772

This thing was NOT ready for release...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X