Cross reference ip addresses/lookups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross reference ip addresses/lookups?

I am trying to weed out some trolls and multiple account holders. Is there a way I can cross reference the ip addresses that are logged so I can see which suspected accounts are indeed using mutiple account names? Thanks!
    Last edited by CreationNation; Wed 16 Jun '04, 12:49pm.
    Deron
    www.creationnation.com
    www.ultimatemetal.com

You can do IP searches within the Admin Control Panel in the User Manager.

Tachy is something different. It is a universal ignore system.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Brilliant thank you. Already nailed one. One more question? Where is this Tachy located (trying to find?) Also, if I go to delete a user, it will turn their posts to "guest"...is there an option I can click to mass delete all of a particular users posts? Thanks again!
      Deron
      www.creationnation.com
      www.ultimatemetal.com

Comment

If you are having problems with a user, it would be better to have a banned group that you can put them in. This allows you to keep the user information for future reference.

You can access "Tachy Goes to Coventry" under vBulletin Options -> User Banning Options.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I recently took over a huge community and am in the process of trying to clean it up. I will indeed put them in banned groups but a lot of their junk posts were never modded out so was just wondering if there was a way to do that as opposed to going on one by one or leaving offensive stuff on the open threads. Thanks!
          Deron
          www.creationnation.com
          www.ultimatemetal.com

Comment

Just bumping this once only in case it got buried and there was a way to do the last question, thanks!
            Deron
            www.creationnation.com
            www.ultimatemetal.com

Comment

When you delete a user, you have the option of deleting all his/her posts at the same time.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X