No announcement yet.

Change the license number for the site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change the license number for the site?

Kinda long story, but I'll sum up.

I left from working on a website, the person that took over used their vb license to continue it and did the first beta installs for vb3 with that number.

Since then I came back just before vbgold, they let their license expire, so I started using mine for gold and 3.0.1 to upgrade the site and such.

I've only ran that site with my vb number, etc, etc, blah, blah, no violations :P

Anyway, when I installed photopost, you have to input the vb3 customer license number in order for it to work with the cookies... however it only worked when I input the old persons vb license number....

Does it store the number in the database somewhere?

I'm trying to install another vb modification that requires the license number to work and I can't get it working either. Guessing it has to do with this issue.

Any ideas?

It stores that stuff in the sessions.php if you change the numbers there it should work. Be sure to browse the whole file.

Comment

a quick 'grep' on a fresh copy of 301 reveals the license key in a comment line in nearly every PHP file, plus three additional lines which appear to store the hard-coded license value in a cookie. Perhaps all you need to do is update the license value being inserted into the cookie (just a guess).

Under Unix, to see what I saw:
      `grep old_license_key_here *.php`

Comment

You need to use the customer number of the license these were downloaded under - not the license number.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X