Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned Users

How can I stop them from logging in?

I have a couple that are causing problems on my site. I've banned them, but they still can log in, so they are able to use our IM.

Thanks
    PowWows.com

Did you ban their ip?
    ~~curious too, because I haven't had to ban anyone yet, I didn't know they could still log in~~
    Also, I do see that if you move them to a usergroup called "banned", you can set their permissions there, and set it that they can't use private messaging, among other things...

Comment

If they are truly banned than they would not be able to login or use PMs.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If they are logged in when you ban them, how do you log them out?

Because this only takes affect when they attempt to log back in right?
        PowWows.com

Comment

The next page they look at they will get the 'no permission' screen.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

We ban a guy's Ip address and th is domain and he seems to still be able to re-sign up. Dunno what the problem is.

Comment

Originally posted by lifesourcerec
              We ban a guy's Ip address and th is domain and he seems to still be able to re-sign up. Dunno what the problem is.
              If he's reregistering with a new username after you ban him then he's either on AOL or some other proxy type ISP where his IP changes every time he logs in, or he is just going through a proxy so that his IP changes every time.

For these type of people who keep coming back, sometimes the best thing you can do is to put them on "tacky goes to coventry" aka global ignore.... but I'm not sure what the IM settings are when someone is on set on that list.

There is also a really good hack at vb.org that works to really annoy certain users to the point that they may finally go away on their own.
              Julie

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X