Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glow User Titles (Sorry I still can't figure it out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webmist
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
    That presents a problem. You can't use HTML code when setting a custom title in the User CP. So the glow code would need to be added around the titles in the form of a file hack or some template mods.
    I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org about this.

Can you set up a profile field to allow this? Then place a condition for with /without the markup. Also can a profile field be used to determine the color?

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    Admin CP > Usergroups > Edit Usergroup > Username HTML Markup

Send a sceenshot on how you are appling this. I know it is just a Internet Explorer trick and will not work in other browsers like Firefox.

Leave a comment:

• ledzep1
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
    Use this code for the user title:

<table style="filter:glow(color=yellow, strength=4)">USER TITLE</table>

Change the color and strength to whatever you want.
    Where do I put this code?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Xplorer4x4
    replied
    I got the first code:
    Code:
     <div style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Glow(Colo  r=blue,Strength=3);width: 100%;">
    I changed Blue to black and that worked. How can I change the red effect of the code?

Note: I did not add the </DIV> part into the second box, and the code changed the user group color as well.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake
    Is there a code for Firefox because I ain't using IE.
    Not that I know of.

Leave a comment:

• Darkblade
    replied
    Is there a code for Firefox because I ain't using IE.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    FYI for others, regarding JaLi's problem:

In the postbit_legacy where there should have been this code:

Code:
    			<if condition="$post['usertitle']"><div class="smallfont">$post[usertitle]</div></if>
    ...there was only:

Code:
    			usertitle
    That was the problem. I inserted the other code.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    There are several things to check. Send me a PM with a URL and admin login to your forum, as well as the name of a problem user and the title they are supposed to have, and I will take a look.

Leave a comment:

• JaLi
    replied
    hi guys

i did all of the above changes,but... for some reason all the members usertitles went back to just saying usertitle but on there profiles it shows up ok but if they actually post on the forum it don't show up it just says usertitle could someone take alook & offer me some advice as to what i might have done wrong please.

Thanks Inadvanced
    www.jalipino.com/forums

Leave a comment:

• KanyeWest
    replied
    i did it i like it a lot but i dont want my registered users having it except for admin i might just uninstall and leave the user name but good thing anyways

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Originally posted by CSMatt
    ...I also want custom user titles to remain enabled for these usergroups...
    That presents a problem. You can't use HTML code when setting a custom title in the User CP. So the glow code would need to be added around the titles in the form of a file hack or some template mods.

I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org about this.

Leave a comment:

• indie
    replied
    You may also want to consider that glow doesn't work in all browsers. In Firefox it doesn't. IE, it does (from what I have seen).

Leave a comment:

• CSMatt
    replied
    How would I be able to make the glowing user titles glow for more than one usergroup, but not for all usergroups? I want all of the Administrator user titles to glow one color, all of the Super Moderator user titles to glow another color, and all of the Moderator user titles to glow yet another color. I also want custom user titles to remain enabled for these usergroups. How would I be able to do this?

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    It doesn't work with the table code either.

I don't know. If no one else here knows then you might try posting on www.vbulletintemplates.com

Leave a comment:

• Freezerator
    replied
    How can i make a username glow, but that when i mouseover, it still looks like an url?

With the div, it doesnt act as an url

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X