Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I make 'normal' quotes as well as the new ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I make 'normal' quotes as well as the new ones?

What I mean is....I like the new "Originally Posted By_x' but it seems it only quotes in that manner. If I just do a normal [*quote][*/quote] the text doesn't appear in a box and it's indistinguishable from the rest of the post.

I've italicised to make it stand out more, but I want it to appear in the same way as it does when [*quote=username] is used. Sometimes you need to quote something said by someone who isn't a member of the board, and using old fashion quotation marks looks a bit icky..

I did try duplicating the conditional without the 'vbphrase', but it didn't work.

Thanx!

I'm not sure I understand. You want the Originally Posted By text to show up whether or not there is a name specified? Without the parameter specified, there is no name to include in the quote.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixBB
      Sometimes you need to quote something said by someone who isn't a member of the board,
      What I do is this...

[QUOTE=The person or webapage your quoting]cut and paste text here[ /QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by jake
        I'm not sure I understand. You want the Originally Posted By text to show up whether or not there is a name specified? Without the parameter specified, there is no name to include in the quote.
        I don't want the text to show up if there is no name specified, just the posting box like it used to with non named quoting tags (while not losing the name text when that parameter is used)

[quote=Andy]What I do is this...

Originally posted by The person or webapage your quoting
        cut and paste text here[ /QUOTE]
        Oh now that could work, at a pinch! I thought the name had to be a poster in the database, but if you can put anything there, then that'll do. Just a matter of people getting used to the new way of doing things I guess, though it would have been preferable to have it with or without the name parameter.

I'll use that method then.

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X