Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importing database from VB 2.3.2 to VB 3.0.1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing database from VB 2.3.2 to VB 3.0.1?

Hi all,

Ok, I have a full database backup of my VB 2.3.2 and I want to know if I can import this database into my VB 3.0.1 database?

I have my VB 3.0.1 installation on another server for testing purposes, so the databases are obviously not on the same server.

Thanks for any help on this!

Efrain Ruiz

The ImpEx vB -> vB importer only works with two vB3 databases, so the vB2 database needs to be upgraded to vB3 before you can import the information.

Comment

hmmmm That means that I need to upgrade my current VB 2.3.2 forum to VB 3.0.1 then do a backup of that converted database and mysql it INTO my new VB 3.0.1 forum?

Comment

Before you begin, what are you trying to achive? there are a few limiations fo the vB3 > vB3 importer.

If you have been testing vB3 on said server and are just want your old data there, then its not such a viable route. youll be losing attachments, and also you will still need to rebuild the search index, which is the killer.

Your better off just downloading your style if you have made any changes and upgrading your current system to vB3

Comment

The upgraded backup needs to be in a live database to do the import. ImpEx imports from one live database to another.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X