HELP, lost my domain name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP, lost my domain name

hello everyone. I went away for a few months and didnt remember that my domain name was expired and that i had to renew it. As it turns out i have lost it unless i want to pay $150.. here's the explantion i got

1.) Wait 69 days from the origonal expiration date which was 5-2-2004 and register the domain when we release it to the public pool. However, you stand the chance of loosing this domain to someone that may have it on back order.

2.) Or you can choose to redeem it from our redemption period for $150.00 dollars. This option will guarntee that your domain is restored and register it for another year.

I dont really care for the domain name right now, i'll try getting it back in 69 days. What i do care about is my members. I want to mass email all of them. Is it possible to access the site just thought the IP address? If so what options do i have to change in VB. the IP is http://216.73.121.152/ Everything works fine but some link are still refering to the domain name. I changed the forum URL and home page URL in VB options and it doesnt fix the problem.

So how or what do i do to get all links to use the IP address?

Thanks

Did you just change your email address? The reason I ask is because you are shgowing up as unlicensed. Please go here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...t_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

If you still have problems after doing this, send an email to [email protected]. Please include your user name, the email address you registered with and your customer number so we can fix the problem. Thanks.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

fixed the unregistered problem, any idea of my question?

is there anything else im suppose to be doing? my boards links look fine now, maybe it needed some time?

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Did you just change your email address? The reason I ask is because you are shgowing up as unlicensed. Please go here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...t_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

If you still have problems after doing this, send an email to [email protected]. Please include your user name, the email address you registered with and your customer number so we can fix the problem. Thanks.

Comment

Update the URL to your forums (suing the IP address) in the Admin CP.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X