Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An error occurred while attempting to log you out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An error occurred while attempting to log you out.

"An error occurred while attempting to log you out. Click here to log out."

I completed upgrading from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 and when I logged off, I received the above message. Once I click the link, the cookies are cleared (http://www.calpolyonline.com/forums/...?do=logout&u=2).

Did I miss something during/after the upgrade?

there was a change made to the way users are loged out
    login.php?do=logout has become do=logout&u=$bbuserinfo[userid]

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
      there was a change made to the way users are loged out
      login.php?do=logout has become do=logout&u=$bbuserinfo[userid]

Which template would I need to edit or revert - in order to change login.php?do=logout to do=logout&u=$bbuserinfo[userid] ?

Comment

Revert your navbar template.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Works fine now, thanks. I also had to revert/edit the logout link on the bottom of the board too.

Comment

I have the same error now on my board.
            When i click on log out now than i can log out.
            I work with version 3.0.3 and i have edit some templates ( also NAVBAR).
            So i think that i have done something wrong.
            I have check and change the login as here wrote, but that;s for version 3.0.1.
            Any idea about this???

Comment

Revert your navbar template and you'll be fine.
              vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Originally posted by iKwak
                Works fine now, thanks. I also had to revert/edit the logout link on the bottom of the board too.
                Ok, reverting navbar template fixes this for the link on the actual navbar, but which part would we edit/revert to change the link on the bottom of the page? (Logout Username)
                Attached Files
                Webmaster / Administrator
                www.MegaGames.com
                www.MGForums.com

Comment

the forumhome template.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                    the forumhome template.
                    Yeah, that's what I thought, and it was the first template I tried, but I was unable to find that bit of code in the forumhome template for some reason.
                    Webmaster / Administrator
                    www.MegaGames.com
                    www.MGForums.com

Comment

I know there are a few threads on this subject so I'll just post here in the most recent one.

Here's my issue. It looks like the logout function says, find session where userid = userid supplied in url (get method). If there is no session return error. Then, it says sorry couldn't log you out, click here, which is userid = 0.

My question is, can't you guys just clear cookies for the user even if there isn't a session, instead of displaying the error? For instance, I'm tracking users at other parts of our site and I don't want to maintain sessions, just simply know the user by cookie.

I don't see why you couldn't just alter that function and always clear cookies, but only clear a session if one exists. Would save on these errors.

Thanks in advance
                      http://www.teamxbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nombie Wan
                        I know there are a few threads on this subject so I'll just post here in the most recent one.

Here's my issue. It looks like the logout function says, find session where userid = userid supplied in url (get method). If there is no session return error. Then, it says sorry couldn't log you out, click here, which is userid = 0.

My question is, can't you guys just clear cookies for the user even if there isn't a session, instead of displaying the error? For instance, I'm tracking users at other parts of our site and I don't want to maintain sessions, just simply know the user by cookie.

I don't see why you couldn't just alter that function and always clear cookies, but only clear a session if one exists. Would save on these errors.

Thanks in advance
                        Erm, ok, I was assuming there. The problem is the first if statement to check if:

PHP Code:
                        $userid != $bbuserinfo['userid'
                        So, I guess I don't understand why I'm getting the error. If I'm away from the forum for a while and then click the logoutlink (On a non vb page) without a session doesn't my cookie determine $bbuserinfo? Obviously not, but, I thought so.
                        http://www.teamxbox.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X