Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Activation emails blocked by AOL? Here's the place to call...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activation emails blocked by AOL? Here's the place to call...

I, along with many other vB sites it seems, tend to find themselves on AOL's spamlist... Recently all of my vB email (activations and otherwise) destined to AOL users started bouncing because of this. I thought I'd post the number to call to get yourself off their spam list, should you find yourself in this situation. It took me 30 minutes of hell to get this number so I hope it will help other webmasters who search for it:

1-703-265-4670

What does this number lead you to specificly?

Comment

Thank God! Anyone else have a number for Yahoo & Hotmail?? They bounce the messages as spam too! This has been happening to me for almost a year.

Comment

Originally posted by katman
        Thank God! Anyone else have a number for Yahoo & Hotmail?? They bounce the messages as spam too! This has been happening to me for almost a year.
        same here :P
        Still Activation emails to Yahoo/Hotmail Domains are going to Junk Folders.

I am guessing few reasons for it.
        1 being, the name of the sender in that email is
        $boardname + Mailer

Word Mailer must be having a problem.

Sandy...
        TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

One of the most common reasons for this is a lack of a reverse DNS entry for your mail server. AOL blocks that.

Comment

aka a PTR record, which is an RFC standard...

Comment

Working...
            X