Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deactivated after email change, loose subscription?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deactivated after email change, loose subscription?

A subscribed user wanted to change their email, but never got the reactivation, so they're now in the Awaiting Email Confirmation group. So if I manually activate them, I should go look up which subscription group they're in and move them there? In other words, there isn't an automatic process to sweep all users and move them to the subscribed group they belong?

Now just to be sure, if they do activate properly from the email change, will they go back to the proper subscribed group or back to Registered Users group?

Thanks,
    rob

Originally posted by RobFerrari
    So if I manually activate them, I should go look up which subscription group they're in and move them there?
    Yes that will work.

In other words, there isn't an automatic process to sweep all users and move them to the subscribed group they belong?
    You can mass move users in your:

Admin CP -> Users -> Prune / Move Users

Enter your search criteria. The results page will give you the option to move the matching users to a group.

Now just to be sure, if they do activate properly from the email change, will they go back to the proper subscribed group or back to Registered Users group?
    They will go back to the Registered Users group. If this is a problem then I recommend you use secondary groups in place of the primary groups to which the users currently belong. The secondary groups are independant of the primary group which changes when a user changes their email.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      They will go back to the Registered Users group. If this is a problem then I recommend you use secondary groups in place of the primary groups to which the users currently belong. The secondary groups are independant of the primary group which changes when a user changes their email.
      For reasons I can't remember, my Subscribed usergroups have to be Primary.

So what I don't want to happen is...

Subscribed Usergroup - <change email> - Awaiting Activation Usergroup - <activate> - Registered Unsubscribed Usergroup.

The user is still listed as having an active subscription, but now there Primary group is messed up and I shouldn't have to manually correct this every time a user changes their email.

Is vB smart enough that when they activate their email change, that they will return to the prior Subscribed Primary usergroup?

Comment

Apparently I remembered wrong.

I just tested this... users are put back into their previous primary group after activating their account.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X