Database error - adding phrases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database error - adding phrases

whenever i try to add a new phrase for vb3 i get this error, any ideas why?
    Attached Files

Code:
    Sorry, there is already an item called\";s:54:\"to_maintain_compatibility_with_the_system_name_changed\";s:260:\"To maintain compatibility with the system, your specified link name:<br /> <blockquote><div><b>%1$s</b></div></blockquote> has been replaced with the following:<br /> <blockquote><div><b>%2$s</b></div></blockquote> You may edit the replacement link name below.\";s:5:\"topic\";s:5:\"Topic\";s:13:\"topic_manager\";s:13:\"Topic Manager\";s:38:\"you_may_not_call_your_faq_items_vb_xxx\";s:70:\"You may not call your FAQ items \'vb_xxx\'.\\nPlease choose another name.\";}' WHERE languageid = 1 mysql error: Unknown column 'phrasegroup_shoutmanager' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Thursday 10th of June 2004 04:50:51 PM
    Script: http://www.emuasylum.com/forums/admincp/phrase.php
    Referer: http://www.emuasylum.com/forums/admi...e=1&perpage=15
    Username: Ice
    IP Address: 68.65.38.133
    It would appear from this you are trying to add a phrase that already exists.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

but this happens everytime i try to add any phrase, and it does ad it, but then when i use the code $vbphrase and so on, it doesnt show up

Comment

Please post exactly what you are doing so I can try and duplicate this on my test forums.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

anything, i tried adding this last night, in global

name time_spent
          text Time spent online

Comment

I will need the exact step-by-step instructions on what you did in oreder to try and duplicate this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

open the admincp

go to langauge and phrases, select manage phrases, scroll down and select add new phrase,

enter in the variable field time_spent

enter in the text feild Time spent online

in the template for memberinfo i put

$vbphrase[time_spent]

but nothing shows up i assume because of the error

Comment

I did not get any errors adding that phrase. Also since the 'time_spent' thing is not a standard vB variable, I assume that you have applied some sort of a hack. In addition it would depenfd on exactly where you are placing the $vbphrase[time_spent] variable in memberinfo whether it will show up or not.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by End of Steve's quote
                  mysql error: Unknown column 'phrasegroup_shoutmanager' in 'field list'
                  You must to create the 'phrasegroup_shoutmanager' like a new field in the table 'phrasetype', in relation with one hack you've installed (here, I think it's a shoutbox).

For help of hacks, it's not here (http://www.vbulletin.org/)

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

well ill tell u i did install that shoutbox hack from vb.org but it doesnt work in vb 3.0.1 so i uninstalled it, so i thought , are u saying so elements still remain?

do u know where so i can get rid of them? thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X