• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandwidth

Hi

In Vb3.0.1

I want some advise to save bandwidth on the server that use by vb

So , is there any setting or change need in template or files to save the bandwidth to be not high from vb...

Regards
    Kuwait sun

One tip is to save the CSS as a file instead of having it being displayed on each page in the header. You can switch between this option in the admin control panel > vbulletin options > vbulletin options.

Comment

where exactly?

Comment

Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Styles & Language Settings > Store CSS Stylesheets as Files? [yes] [no] (select yes)

If this is enabled, you can store the CSS for your pages as files which will reduce the size of pages (since the CSS file can be cached locally and referred to from each page, instead of having all the CSS information within each page). If you enable this, you must create a directory named vbulletin_css in the root folder of your vBulletin installation and the web server must have permission to create, write, and remove files from that directory. (Normally this is accomplished by CHMODing the directory 777.)

Comment

Ok I made this directory. Will I find any files here?

Comment

If you make the dir and chmod it to 777 and then goto the path from my previous post and set it to yes and save the changes, yes, you will then find the .css file there.

Comment

I dont find any css in the directory.
              The directory is under /forum/vbulletin_css right?

Comment

the instructions under the option say to put vbulletin_css under /clientscript, not in the root...

but the help file says put it in root, so there's a conflict there.

Comment

Bugs can be reported here: http://www.vBulletin.com/forum/bugs.php

Comment

Thank you ery much for this .....

We will see next days on the logs of bandwidth for my web

Regards
                    Kuwait sun

Comment

i did what u floris said but I didnt find any css files under that folder

Comment

up

Comment

The correct directory is:

clientscript/vbulletin_css

And you need to chmod this directory to 777. I just tested this on my test forum and it worked perfectly.

bash:~/www/testvb3/clientscript/vbulletin_css$ ls -al
                          total 24
                          drwxrwxrwx 2 opticala opticala 4096 Jun 11 15:15 .
                          drwxr-xr-x 3 opticala opticala 4096 Feb 6 23:36 ..
                          -rwxr-xr-x 1 opticala opticala 0 Apr 15 00:45 index.html
                          -rw-r--r-- 1 nobody nobody 5253 Jun 11 15:15 style-23fec8c6-00002.css
                          -rw-r--r-- 1 nobody nobody 5351 Jun 11 15:15 style-28a3bc89-00001.css
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Your server cannot be in safemode either.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                              The correct directory is:

clientscript/vbulletin_css
                              I had this created allready and chmoded.
                              But inside I didnt see any css files so now I've chmoded also clientscrip and see what happens

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X