Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reasons for editing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reasons for editing?

    I want to set this so only my staff can see the reasons for editing feature. Is this possible and how do you do that?

  • #2
    You can set this per usergroup.

    Admin Control Panel > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > edit the usergroup you want to modify, check the general permissions:

    Show edited by note on edited messages? [yes/no]

    Enabling this option will display an "edited by" note in posts that are edited by members of this group. This setting works in conjunction with the "Time to Wait Before Starting to Display 'Edited by" setting in your vBulletin options.

    Comment


    • #3
      Doesnt that just prevent a group from editing period? Im not wanting to do that. I only want it so only my staff can see the reason why we edited something.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Roody
        Doesnt that just prevent a group from editing period? Im not wanting to do that. I only want it so only my staff can see the reason why we edited something.
        Bump to clarify Floris' comment?

        Comment


        • #5
          The permission is to show the editor by note or not, it isn't the permission to edit a post or not.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Floris
            The permission is to show the editor by note or not, it isn't the permission to edit a post or not.
            I dont care if it says a thread has been edited and who edited it, what I want is for the reason given not to be seen by anyone other then staff. Will this do that?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Roody
              I dont care if it says a thread has been edited and who edited it, what I want is for the reason given not to be seen by anyone other then staff. Will this do that?
              Yeah, that should take care of it, Roody...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by maggie
                Yeah, that should take care of it, Roody...
                Ok thanks. Btw, I didnt mean to make my remark sound so bad earlier Floris. My apologies for that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ok this doesnt fix my problem. Instead it makes it so it doesnt show when Registered members have edited their posts. This isnt what I want. What I am trying to do is make it so Registered members cant see the "Reasons for editing" feature.

                  How do I resolve this?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I didn't notice it, so no need to apologize

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Floris
                      I didn't notice it, so no need to apologize
                      Ok cool thanks for that. So quick question Floris..after reading my previous remark you still say this is how you do it?

                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X