Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    If you import from forum A into vBulletin. You have 2 sites that are working.
    Make sure you have a backup, so if things go wrong >> You can revert to the working backup and start over.

Leave a comment:

• TheMusicMan
    replied
    The 'working version' will be the out-of-the-box default vB install Floris. Am I missing something here? Not sure what else it might be...

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Yes, it is safe! Only admins can see the content, .. imported users won't get admin permissions so they will see the close msg. Which gives you time to work on the forums, and imported custom usergroups and set everything up correctly.

Make sure you have a bakcup of your working versions before you import!

Leave a comment:

• TheMusicMan
    started a topic Closing the Board...

Closing the Board...

Hi All

I am soon to be doing the migration of my phpBB forum to vB3 - as soon as my custom skin is completed...

Is it safe to use the built in vB function to close the board whils I do this import...? I will be installing the latest 3.0.1, then will close the board, then will run the Impex scripts and everything else I need to do to complete the migration.

So, is it safe to leave the forum closed during this or should I create a temporary HTML page saying the site is undergoing maintenance etc...?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X