Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making an 'option' default

Hi,

I've been pruning my templates, particularly the Edit Option. I've managed to get the 'Hybrid' thread view showing as the default (is there a way to get it to do so for unregistered too?), but I'm having the devil's job trying to get the Standard Editor as default. I've removed the WYSIWYG option as that's not enabled, but I want it to show the standard editor unless a user specifically chooses the Basic. I can get it showing first, but it won't stick, and it certainly doesn't save it. Wretched thing keeps reverting.

This is what I tried:

Original

Code:
     <tr> 
    				<td> <span style="float:$stylevar[right]"> 
    				  <select name="showvbcode" id="sel_showvbcode">
    					<option value="0" $selectvbcode[0]>$vbphrase[basic_editor_simple_text_box]</option>
    					<option value="1" $selectvbcode[1] selected>$vbphrase[standard_editor_extra_formatting]</option>
    				  </select>
    				  </span> <label for="sel_showvbcode">$vbphrase[message_editor_interface]:</label> 
    				</td>
    			  </tr>
    My revision:
    Code:
    <option value="0" $selectvbcode[0] selected>$vbphrase[standard_editor_extra_formatting]</option>
    <option value="1" $selectvbcode[1]>$vbphrase[basic_editor_simple_text_box]</option>
    That kept reverting to basic, even when standard was saved in UserCP. So did this variation.

Code:
    <option value="0" $selectvbcode[1] selected>$vbphrase[standard_editor_extra_formatting]</option>
    <option value="1" $selectvbcode[0]>$vbphrase[basic_editor_simple_text_box]</option>
    What am I doing wrong?

Thanx!

Re: hybrid as default... I don't see any option to set this as default for unregistered users. As far as I can tell this is a hack job. For this reason I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org, the official vB hacking site.

Re: standard editor as default... the editor is a user preference. You can set the default preference for new users in your:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Default Registration Options

You can update the preference of existing users in your:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query

Run the appropriate query in the menu. Make sure your userid is entered into your includes/config.php file so you have permission to run queries:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
    // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
    // See the above entries for more information on the format.
    // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
    // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
    $canrunqueries = '';

Comment

You can update the preference of existing users in your:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query

Run the appropriate query in the menu. Make sure your userid is entered into your includes/config.php file so you have permission to run queries:
      What is the appropriate query?

Thanx!

Comment

Choose the Do Not Show Editor Toolbar query from the menu. It's the 3rd option from the bottom.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X