User not allowed to alter email address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User not allowed to alter email address

Is there a way to prevent a user from altering their email address in the user profile after registration with out installing a hack?

I want to prevent users from signing up with a valid email and then changing the email to an invalid one. I'd like to just setup a link within the Contact Us link to allow a user to send a formal request to have their email changed in our db. I know how I can set all that up, I just need to prevent the users from altering their email address within their profile after registration. Can this be done w/o a hack?
    J. Vance Tyree
    Administrator
    Armageddon Online Forums

If the users change their email address, they will need to re-verify the new email address before they can post again.
    My Sites :

Comment

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. I suppose that solves the problem of members changing to bogus email addresses.
      J. Vance Tyree
      Administrator
      Armageddon Online Forums

Comment

well they will always be able to change their email address after the post SPAM, and re-register (with the same address), as you will think you are banning the address they just switched too. *

*I may be wrong here but I think thats the way it goes
        My Sites :

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X