Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merjawy
    replied
    Scott do you still want me to send you a copy of seesion.sql? I just saw another guest without an IP on a second board that I am a tech admin on when the owner alerted me about the IPless guest I took a copy of session.sql

Leave a comment:

• MegaHertz
    replied
    Already done.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    ah wait nm you can put it back.

I just realised the phpinfo page I looked at had the REMOTE_ADDR already modified since it loaded init.php first.

Leave a comment:

• RagingPenguin
    replied
    I encountered this earlier as well. It was a single guest that showed no IP. It has only happened this once. I have since done a repai/optimize on the database. If I see it again, I'll capture the db state in an sql dump for you. Would that help?

EDIT: I haven't modified the init.php code at all, not altered any table structures. I run my own server, and am behind a router using a typical class c internal range.
    Last edited by RagingPenguin; Tue 8 Jun '04, 6:20pm.

Leave a comment:

• MegaHertz
    replied
    OK, I removed the code and here is what happens (see screenshot). This is what led to the modification being installed, and also to us being locked out of our forum after the upgrade to vB 3.01 (see this thread).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MegaHertz; Tue 8 Jun '04, 5:59pm.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    MegaHertz, You dont need that code that was added to init.php $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] contains the correct value.

Maybe at one point you were behind a load balancer or a cache server but not any more.

Leave a comment:

• merjawy
    replied
    It only happend to me once but if I see it again I will take a copy of sessions table I did take a pic but thats just cuz it shocked me

Leave a comment:

• MegaHertz
    replied
    Sent via email.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    MegaHertz can you send me a link to your phpinfo i think your admin might have picked the wrong variable to use.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    This has also been happening to me....I will grab the sessions table if I see it happen today.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Scott, you could alter his code to try and see if ALT_IP is showing up? It is the IP (at times) behind the proxy. Might be worth a try.

Leave a comment:

• MegaHertz
    replied
    Well I uploaded the file you sent, in ASCII mode, and it is still happening. Although not as frequently.

Leave a comment:

• MegaHertz
    replied
    Thanks for the help.

Strange that the IP's were only missing for users behind a proxy though.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    problem in your code modification and i've fixed it. I suspect your behind a load balancer or something similar thats masking the true IP.

So i'm after someone who is having this problem still that hasn't modified the IP detection code.

Leave a comment:

• MegaHertz
    replied
    Yep will send ASAP.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X