Can't Run upgrade.php...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
    Whats your biggest partition, I think its causing problems since your attachment table is extremely large, I can't get past the first step.

How about moving the mysql folder to /home and adding a symlink?
    I'm not sure how to determine the largest partition? I do think that /home would be the largest, however, it has the most free space on it (WHM shows it as being only 1% full). I've never made a symlink before but I'll try to figure out how to do it.

Comment

Wow, OK, you might have lost me a bit Odysseus. Scott, is that what I need to do? I don't care to give you root access to my server if you think it would help simplify the process.

Comment

I thought about it again and now I'm quite sure that it is worth giving it a try. You actuelly cannot damage anything, since nothing will be deleted. You just need to be sure to have one or even two backup copies of your database on other partitions. (E.g., one direct copy of the MySQL data directory and one SQL dump file which must be made before shutting down the MySQL service).

Regarding symlinks, try this:
        Code:
        man ln
        The ln command is your best friend here.

Regarding free disc space, try this command:
        Code:
        df -h
        Shutting down the MySQL server process has a different command on different platforms. On my system, I use "rcmysql stop", but it could also be somethind like "mysqlctl stop" and so on. I'm not absolutely sure about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Odysseus
          I thought about it again and now I'm quite sure that it is worth giving it a try. You actuelly cannot damage anything, since nothing will be deleted..
          heh - famous last words.

In fact I've tried this method in the past of moving the mysql data for a specific database to a remote location by using symbollic links and could never get it to work. I just tried it again since this thread reminded me and still mysql seems not to like it. I guess the question is whether you've actually tried this for yourself to confirm that it works because I get the distinct impression that mysqld is not following the symlinks..

Comment

OK, this might be so.
            As I told, I don't actually know wheter it's possible or not.

Comment