X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major thanks mate

works a dream beer on me

Comment

My server is running PHP 4.3.7 as CGI. I added cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1 to php.ini, restarted httpd, and still no workee. Also using Zend Optimizer v2.5.1. Any known issues or ideas?

Best I can figure out is that my server is using CGI because PHPSUEXEC is installed and this requires CGI? Any experts that can clarify this?

Is there a big performance increase running as an APACHE module over CGI. Trying to figure out if it is worth the hassle to try and change all of this...

Comment

Way better, There are quite a few posts by Scott (our dev) about why there is no reason to run php as cgi.

Comment

Archive in 3.0.3 (Powweb)

I know someone who's still on 3.0.1. and this sollution works perfectly for him. He is on the exact same server as I am, so all server/php configurations are the same for him and me. Both are working on php as cgi.

I am on 3.0.3. and there is no way to get the archive to work. The 'cgi.fix_pathinfo=1' line is already enabled on the server by default.

Could someone please help?

Comment

Well..... after hours and hours searching on vbulletin.com, vbulletin.org and the powweb forums, and having tried many possible variations, I finally managed to get archive to work on 3.0.3:

Just copy the arvhive files from the old vbulletin 3.0.1 into the archive folder (3.0.3) on your server, overwrite everything. And than follow the steps in this thread (first post).

Thanks for this trick

Comment

I made all the changes and finally I can see my archive but I can't open any of the links? http://www.spiritual-connections.com/forums/archive

It always refer back to the archive. Can anybody help me, please?

Comment

oh man, i tried all kinds of stuff i found last night on here but never stumbled upon this till now. it works!!!

Comment

I made all the changes and finally I can see my archive but I can't open any of the links? http://www.spiritual-connections.com/forums/archive

It always refer back to the archive. Can anybody help me, please?
                  Ive got the same problem since I just upgraded to 3.03

Love some help as this will loose lots of indexed pages in google just wish I new about this before

Thanks for your time

Comment

Can anyone decipher the modification in this thread for me relative to my vBulletin version 3.0.3 ?

When compiled with phpsuexec, vBulletin runs under the user's name on the server rather than the common name "nobody". The benefit to this is that other ISPs aren't so quick to relegate vBulletin outgoing email to the junk mail folder. Nobody has long been misused by spammers.

The other benefit is server security. Since all scripts and data files are "owned" and written under the user's name, there is no need to do insecure things like setting files or directories to chmod 777. Directores can be chmod 755 and scripts and data can be chmod 644.

Originally posted by TCB
                    Just copy the arvhive files from the old vbulletin 3.0.1 into the archive folder (3.0.3) on your server, overwrite everything. And than follow the steps in this thread (first post).
                    Gaaacckk! I guess I need to go looking for 3.0.1 files?
                    Last edited by oldengine; Thu 30th Dec '04, 9:38am.

Comment

Originally posted by oldengine

Gaaacckk! I guess I need to go looking for 3.0.1 files?
                      Any fix for this? When clicking on a thread, all I see is blank page.
                      Wise man says...
                      Virtualization.net | DefenceTalk.com | World Affairs Talk.com | AutoTalk.com | SinoDefenceForum.com | Solutions.pro | PakistanTalk.com

Comment

Originally posted by DefenceTalk
                        Any fix for this? When clicking on a thread, all I see is blank page.
                        This problem fixed using these instructions:

http://www.vbulletin-germany.com/for...ead.php?t=9117

Thank You!
                        Wise man says...
                        Virtualization.net | DefenceTalk.com | World Affairs Talk.com | AutoTalk.com | SinoDefenceForum.com | Solutions.pro | PakistanTalk.com

Comment

That doesnt " fix " the archive, it just makes it work, it also defeats its purpuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                            That doesnt " fix " the archive, it just makes it work, it also defeats its purpuse.
                            Well, are you saying search engines wouldn't spider it? What is its purpose anyway?
                            Wise man says...

Comment

The Archive doesnt have any special characters, which makes it work better. the fix added back in ? and = and other special characters which makes the archive work, but useless to its oriingal point.

Comment

Ok, so why, if the vb team knew that this wouldnt work with CGI, wouldnt they just make two versions, or have the forum admin select which php mode they have and go that way. its seems easy to get to work on CGI, and why shouldnt it just be a simple option to pick which mode you are running to have the archive work.

i can understand all the arguments either way, but there are some situations where you have no choice in the matter...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X