database error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• database error?

i have moved all the info/settings from the old config.php file to the new config.php file and uploaded it. but now im getting a database error.

Database error in vBulletin :

cannot use database xboxworld-forum
    mysql error: Unknown database 'xboxworld-forum'

mysql error number: 1049

the $servername, $dbusername, $dbpassword & $dbname are all the same as what they were before but its refusing to work when i try and run the install/upgrade.php file...

any ideas guys?

and now ive removed the new version, reinstated the old forum and the same error keeps occuring. why should simply replacing all the files nuke the database?

the upgrade script thingy said there were no table conflicts so i 'assumed' this would go smoothly....

i knew i shouldnt have done this...

Comment

The error is pretty clear. A database by this name does not exist on this server:

What is the exact name of this database in phpMyAdmin?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        The error is pretty clear. A database by this name does not exist on this server:

What is the exact name of this database in phpMyAdmin?
        in the config.php file for 2.2.9 its called;

// name of database
        $dbname="xboxworld-forum";

now i transferred all the info over between the old and new config file and still no go. the DB has disappeared

i just cannot work out why the database would be uncontactable now. the db for the main site is fine so nothing has happened on the hosting end at least as far as i can see.
        Last edited by sbryan; Sun 6 Jun '04, 10:29pm.

Comment

Edit: n/m, I misread what you are doing. Responded to your support ticket requesting more info.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X