Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I change the default Registration File?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goingnova
    replied
    I do moderate... the problem is this.... every time someone registers, I have to check my customer database to find the email address that they registered with (unless I specifically remember the email address). When I find the email address, no big deal, but when I don't I have to then send out another email to the person, telling them I do not recognize the email address that they registered with. More than 75% of these emails go to people who never bought the subscription. Now their account sits in the “waiting for moderation” list until I either hear back from them or delete the account. It is all extra work, and a real pain in butt. So, I want to limit my registration to as few people as possible. When I had the registration up originally, I was getting up to 15 people a day trying to sneak in! Since I have taken off the link, it has been cut down, but not enough.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Not sure if changing the name will affrect anything else, but why don't you just moderate new members? Or you could allow people to register but have limited permisisons for the 'Registered' usergroup. Then create another Subscriber group for those that pay the subscription.

Leave a comment:

• goingnova
    started a topic How do I change the default Registration File?

How do I change the default Registration File?

Hello, and thank you for trying to help me.

Here is the deal, I have a paid membership, and I get many people trying to register without paying. So, I took the registration link off of my forums, and when people pay for the membership, I send them the link to register. The trouble is, enough people know that the default registration link to vBulletin is register.php. I know how to change the name, simple enough using my ftp program, but if I do that, will it effect any other files in my forum? I guess if I change the name, and send the new file name to my customers, they should be able to register, right? Or, is the register.php mentioned, or a part of any other vBulletin files?