upgrade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade question

ok i am currently running vb2.3.4 and i want to upgrade to vb3.0.1 i have set a testvb folder so i could build up 3.0.1 the way i want it so my question is...

this may sound like a dumb question too but....

when upgrading from vb2.3.4 to vb3.0.1 will i have to worry about any templates getting changed in 3.0.1? i really only want the posts and user info to be transferred, that way none of my modifications to 3.0.1 will be affected.

What 'modifications' do you mean? You cannot upgrade and retain yourt mods.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i mean, i don't want to have any of the mods that i made to vb2.3.4 but i want to retain the ones i made to vb3.0.1. will i have to worry about the upgrade messing up any of those new mods i made to vb3.0.1?

cause i made file mods and template mods to vb3.0.1.

Comment

You cannot retain your vB3 mods when you upgrade because to upgrade you need to start off with the vB2 database.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

cool thanks alot for the info

Comment

Would it hurt anything if i were to revert all my templates to original in vb2 and delete all my custom templates before i start the upgrade to vb3.0.1?

Comment

nevermind i found it on step 2 of checking for updated templates in the guide

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X