Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emails From The Forum Not Being Sent

Hi,

I have just moved host. I transferred everything across through cPanel. The new host then restored my backup, but now no-one get's emails from the forum. Such as registration email with link for authorisation, post updated, new pm, etc, etc.

Is there maybe something i have forgotten to do since i have moved? I have checked the admin-cp and even tried the email diagnostic, but i never received the email through there either.

Thanks, Craig
    Special Forces - Roll Of Honour - http://www.specialforcesroh.com

You should try contacting your new host and see if there is a problem with the mail server

Comment

Try enabling the -f parameter to see if this makes a difference:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Enable "-f" Parameter -> Yes

If you still have this problem, you will need to view the mail logs on the server to see what happened to those emails. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server. If you are on a shared server you may need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm having the same problem now... it wasn't working on my old host (and it wasn't being fixed) so I switched hosts and I'm having the same problem again

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Try enabling the -f parameter to see if this makes a difference:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Enable "-f" Parameter -> Yes

If you still have this problem, you will need to view the mail logs on the server to see what happened to those emails. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server. If you are on a shared server you may need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.
          Didn't work with the -f option. Will contact the host.

cybermomcafe, i think you used the same old host as myself.

Thanks, Craig
          Special Forces - Roll Of Honour - http://www.specialforcesroh.com

Comment

LOL... Yeah, I remember seeing your sites on the support forums. I switched to Micfo and things are running good. Had problems with my email right after I switched, it turned out to be a reverse DNS issue. all good now

Comment

Working...
            X