wide images in img code stretches page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wide images in img code stretches page

I noticed there has been a formidable amount of fixes in vb3 as compared to v2, but is there one for this problem?

That is a problem that is hard to do anything about because the images are hosted remotely. You would need code to download the image and check the dimensions. Then the code would hide or shrink the image if it was too big.

If such code exists then I'm sure it was excluded from vB3 because it would have increased the server load significantly when viewing threads with lots of IMG tags. If you want help implementing such a feature then I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org, the official vB hacking site.

An alternative is to disable IMG tags and make everyone use post attachments. The dimensions of attached images can be controlled by using thumbnails.

Comment

Yeah I understand that dilemma. What about doing like with the code tag? wrap the image in a container with a scroll bar.. would that work?

Comment

Originally posted by numerodix
        Yeah I understand that dilemma. What about doing like with the code tag? wrap the image in a container with a scroll bar.. would that work?
        That sounds like it would work. However, implementing that would require modifying the includes/functions_bbcodeparse.php file.

I personally try to avoid file modifications at all costs because it makes upgrading a pain. But if you want help modifying that file I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org, the official vB hacking site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X