having problems restoring databse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having problems restoring databse

my forum got screwed up and i had to restore the database but it wudnt when it loaded it said no sql query even though i uploaded the backup and tryed to load it and it wont restore...whats the problem?

Did you follow these instructions:

Backup:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...nce_ssh_backup

Restore:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ce_ssh_restore
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

its confusing :S

Comment

Well those are the most reliable methods to backup and restore a database. How did you do it?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I followed those directions to a "T" and am having the same problem. Any other suggestions?

Comment

What is your "problem" what is the exact error messgae you are getting from mysql?

Comment

i had this prolem until yesturday if your are tryin to load ur back up by phpmyadmin you wont get anywhere whats the size of ur back up also ask if ur host provides ssh access or if they can load the back up for you whats ur host?

Comment

The exact error I get is "No SQL query!"

I am trying to load the back from my host onto local machine running phpmyadmin.

Comment

phpmyadmin you cant upload ur database that way the most u can upload is 2,037 kb the most you have to or ur host has to import from ssh or telnet

Comment

Working...
                  X