Capturing web images to jpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capturing web images to jpg

This is probably a very basic question, but I have no idea, so I will ask it!
    I am going to be showcasing my vBulletin site at a conference with powerpoint and I want to capture images from the site into jpg format. How can I do that?

What I would like to do is run people through registration process and talk about how to use the site with images.

Thanks

Dave

If your on a windows machine, Press Alt+Printscreen to capture a screenshot. You then can paste it into a graphics program or even paste it into a blank word document.

Comment

Afternoon Dave,
      You can open your forum in a browser and use the Print Screen button to capture the image to your computer.

Using something as simple as Paint in Windows you can then paste that into Paint and save as a jpg file.

Just do this for each screen you want to show in your PowerPoint presentation.

HTH,
      Scott
      Z-Firm LLC
      Attached Files

Comment

Alt Printscreen doesn't seem to be working. I wonder why. I have tried it on two different computers. Is there a toggle in some options area?

Dave

Comment

Try Shift-PrintScreen.

Then using a program like Photoshop create a New File then do a Ctrl-V or Edit > Paste function.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
            Try Shift-PrintScreen.

Then using a program like Photoshop create a New File then do a Ctrl-V or Edit > Paste function.
            Still doesn't seem to work. Anyone have any clues?

I have tried it on multiple computers, new and old. I've tried Alt-PrintScreen and Ctrl-PrintScreen, and even Ctrl-Alt-PrintScreen just to see. Nothing happens.

Thanks.

dave

Comment

Afternoon Dave,
              Not sure what the issue is on your computer. It is a Windows based PC correct?

I do it everyday all day on 8 different computers and Print Screen or Alt-Print screen work without issues.

Since the standard keystroke way isn't flying for you, try one of the freeware utils at:
              http://www.webattack.com/Freeware/gmm/fwscreen.shtml

I cannot say how well they work.
              Scott
              Z-Firm LLC

Comment

Originally posted by dwagenheim
                Still doesn't seem to work. Anyone have any clues?

I have tried it on multiple computers, new and old. I've tried Alt-PrintScreen and Ctrl-PrintScreen, and even Ctrl-Alt-PrintScreen just to see. Nothing happens.

Thanks.

dave
                After you press the PrintScreen button what do you do? Do you bring up Word or some other program?

Comment

Try using this free software for capture .. only saves as bmp but you can easily open in paint and then save as jpg or whatever.

Enjoy
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X