Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

moving servers, getting error

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • moving servers, getting error

    I'm in the final stages of moving servers. I've backed up, transfrered and restored the database. When I try to access the forum, I am getting this error:


    Database error in vBulletin :

    Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error:

    mysql error number: 0

    Date: Tuesday 01st of June 2004 02:08:46 PM
    Script: http://209.249.204.110/forums/


    I am using the IP address in the VBulletin Options panel because we have not yet made any DNS changes, and don't want to till we know this works.

    I've checked the config.php file and the $servername, $dbusername, $dbpassword, and $dbname have all been changed to the correct information.

    Any thoughts as to where I've gone wrong?

    Thanks

  • #2
    That error can only come from two things:

    MySQL is not running or the values in config.php are wrong.

    Make sure that you have renamed config.php.new to config.php and that MySQL is running (you can do this by going into phpMyAdmin or the equivalent).
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

    Comment


    • #3
      Besides the config.php file are there any other files with references to the database file name?

      I ask because although the database is indeed named bulletin_board and thats what it says in the config.php file, in one of my early attempts at this migration, I had a database named "jelsoft". After successfully transfering the data to the database named "bulletin_board" I deleted the "jelsoft" database. It was always empty, never got anything to tranfser to it.

      After seeing your post, I went back and added the jelsoft data base, it's still empty, but I can now get to my forum. I see no reference to a jelsoft database in the config.php file.

      Thanks for your help and patience.

      Comment

      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X