Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boolean logic vs Natural Language?

Thanks, Jake. That worked out well!

Looks like all one needs to do is switch between showposts=1 and showposts=0

OK, now how about a switch to set that URL to use either Boolean logic or Natural Language??? (Assume vB 3.03).

Thanks again!

Comment

Use this for natural language:

&searchtype=0

And this for Boolean:

&searchtype=1

Comment

Anything like this to search for a user?
        this use may or may not have posted.

like member find.

A user asked me. how do I find nakisha on here? and it was to be honest a lon g process. I would like to have a simple search box and go.

and this would be a member find for a name.

I would like it to work like nak nakisha and isha all would find nakisha rose.

That would be awsome.

SECOND THING i have yet to find a way on here ro vb.org to do a member search that HAS a profile photo. like a MUST have photo radio box.

HELP?

Comment

You can use a URL like this to submit a member search:

http://www.yoursite.com/forum/memberlist.php?do=getall&ausername=nakisha

You can enable profile pictures in the member list by enabling this option:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Listing & Profile Viewing -> Member List Field Options -> Profile Picture

Comment

Originally posted by John Campbell
            SECOND THING i have yet to find a way on here ro vb.org to do a member search that HAS a profile photo. like a MUST have photo radio box.
            Oh I see...

I don't know of any way to search for members that have profile pictures. It looks like this would require custom code, and so I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
              You can use a URL like this to submit a member search:

http://www.yoursite.com/forum/member...ername=nakisha

You can enable profile pictures in the member list by enabling this option:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Listing & Profile Viewing -> Member List Field Options -> Profile Picture
              ok since this isnt a hack anyone know how to code a input box with a submit button that could do this?

has that trail with the sring inputed by a user?

also no where on vb.org has the member must have a photo search either.

Comment

The search form in builtin to vBulletin:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/memberlist.php?do=search

Comment

The search form in builtin to vBulletin:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/memberlist.php?do=search
                  hehe are you doing this to play with me?
                  lol

As I was asking before. I would like to have a search box just to do the simple task of search by name. you (was it you?) gave me the link. I would like to make a box that this could be done for any user.

like a member jump to box.

just have no idea how to do it. I see now this wouldnt be a hack so I was hopefull some one here could do it.
                  Last edited by John Campbell; Tue 21 Dec '04, 12:50am.

Comment

You mean like the quick form on this page?

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/memberlist.php

Comment

You mean like the quick form on this page?

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/memberlist.php
                      Ok I just was asking this:
                      How to make in a template a simple submit box with a enter button.
                      all it does is do a search for a member.

You showed the other user how to do it via a link I want it to be by a submit box.

in OTHER words I dont know who the user is that is being searched. Soooo leave a box so the member can do it. Like quick reply? have a quick memberfind.

that's it.

all this other stuff is old news you showing me. lol. Its clear now no?

Comment

anyone on this? it seems easy enough. but hey I dont know!

Comment

Use this for natural language:

&searchtype=0

And this for Boolean:

&searchtype=1
                          The fulltext Boolean and Natural Language choices are only in this unreleased version of vB. Version 3.0.3 has the unsupported fulltext option but it only supports Boolean.

Comment

Originally posted by John Campbell
                            Ok I just was asking this:
                            How to make in a template a simple submit box with a enter button.
                            all it does is do a search for a member.

You showed the other user how to do it via a link I want it to be by a submit box.

in OTHER words I dont know who the user is that is being searched. Soooo leave a box so the member can do it. Like quick reply? have a quick memberfind.

that's it.

all this other stuff is old news you showing me. lol. Its clear now no?
                            The form is on the page I linked to. It's a "quick" form with a field to enter a username. Then you submit the form and it brings up a list of members by that name.

The code from that page is:

Code:
                            <!-- memberlist quick search form -->
                            <form action="memberlist.php" method="post">
                            	<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0">
                            	<tr>
                            		<td class="thead">Search Members</td>
                            	</tr>
                            	<tr>
                            		<td class="vbmenu_option" title="nohilite">
                            			<input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]" />
                            			<input type="hidden" name="do" value="getall" />
                            			<input type="text" class="bginput" name="ausername" size="20" value="$ltr" title="$vbphrase[username]" />$gobutton
                            		</td>
                            	</tr>
                            	<tr>
                            		<td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="memberlist.php?$session[sessionurl]do=search">$vbphrase[advanced_search]</a></td>
                            	</tr>
                            	</table>
                            </form>
                            <!-- / memberlist quick search form -->

Comment

hey let me try it! maybe this is the baby Im looking for.

You know while we all are here sippin egg nog and living life... why isnt there a memberfind "must have photo" option? was on vb.org but they were at a loss of words. A lot of ladies on my site want to find guys... and gals for that matter but prefer to do a search with must have photo.
                              IF YoU are aware of this gosh all mighty please let me know.

Comment

That feature isn't in the current version. I don't know "why" it isn't there... it probably wasn't a requested feature at the time.

Comment