remember passwords with mozilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remember passwords with mozilla

Ok here's the deal, when inputing your username/password on most forms, Mozilla prompts to remember the login info for you. This is extremely convenient and a widely used feature. However on some forms this doesn't work, notably the yahoo email login, and also (as I was saddened to find out) the vb3 login screens. This goes for both the regular login on the frontpage as well as the admincp login.

My question is how do I kill the offensive code so that I can remember the login again? Or better yet disable it from some menu?

Ps. Is there a way to disable thread rating and post icons globally? I never use them and never will..

Originally posted by numerodix
    My question is how do I kill the offensive code so that I can remember the login again? Or better yet disable it from some menu?
    The ability to remember passwords is a feature of the browser, not vBulletin. I have the same problem with vB3 forms not prompting the "remember password" feature, but I don't think there is anything you can do about it... if there is then I don't know how.

Originally posted by numerodix
    Ps. Is there a way to disable thread rating and post icons globally? I never use them and never will..
    Those two features need to be disabled for each forum in your:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      Those two features need to be disabled for each forum in your:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum
      Thanks, you made my day! Do you mind explaining how the inheritance between forums works? I thought I could disable these features in my 3 main categories and that it would propagate to the subforums but that's not happening. I'd like to know there's a better way than setting them for each forum by itself.

About the password thing, I'll see what I can find and report back.

UPDATE: indeed there is a directive for this. yahoo mail sets "<form autocomplete=off>" to disable the password manager. But vB has no such thing and I suspect it has something to do with the javascript management of the password, ie. hashing etc. I wonder if there's a way to get aroud it..

here's a mozilla specific fix:
      http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarkle...ember_password
      Last edited by numerodix; Sun 30 May '04, 12:49pm.

Comment

Forums don't inherit eachother's settings. You have to set each one manually.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          Forums don't inherit eachother's settings. You have to set each one manually.
          Ah ****, that's disappointing.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X