Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I change the order of messages within a thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I change the order of messages within a thread?

How do I change the order of specific messages within a thread?

For example, if I have messsages appearing as #1, #2, #3 and #4, how could I change the order to, say, #1, #3, #4, #2?

Please note I am not referring to whole-thread Display Mode settings.

Thanks

Curretly its not possible, the posts are sorted by the date they are entered

Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3

If you were to merge the thead with another that had been started elier, if any posts from the merged thread were made before the original, they would go before.

Comment

So it is possible...

How about, change the dateline field via phpmyadmin/mysql database for the posts so they can be shown in the correct order. I have just taken the existing numbers and added/subtracted one from them so as to be before or after that post.

Then note that each post has as its parentid, the postid of the previous post - so change the parentid's to represent the correct posting order. The first post has the parentid of '0' = numeral zero.

It makes for a bit of a weird experience for the users, since they see a different post order, but there are occassions where it is needed - I have people add new restaurants = new threads to my forum. But new restaurant threads always have a predefined format with certain details. So, its easy enough to add a new reply to the thread that a person has started, then change the date/parent details as above.
      Michael Brandon
      Search Engine Optimize vBulletin-url rewrites,keyword selection,Google sitemap,SEOer to SEO sites
      My SEO company - SearchMasters

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X