Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    Nope, it didn't become a phrase, either add one, or hardcode the text.

Leave a comment:

• Talargain
    replied
    when i created the custom field the field's name is Wedding Date. Does that help?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Is there a valid wedding_date phrase in the system? phrases are case sensitive.

Leave a comment:

• Talargain
    replied
    Naming a custom field in Postbit_Legacy

I followed the instructions to add a custom field and it works fine except for one thing. The description doesn't show correctly. Instead of this:

Wedding Date: 12/09/2006

I get this:

:12/09/2006

here is the code I inserted:

Code:

<if condition="$post['field5']"><div>$vbphrase[wedding_date]: $post[field5]</div></if>
    How do I make it display the tag label?

Leave a comment:

• Pandora
    replied
    K, thank u...hope I remember that...thanx!

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Your current styles are all top level styles with no parents. If you want your customizations to automatically apply to new styles that you create then you should reorganize your styles to take advantage of inheritance.

For example, if the postbit template is exactly the same for your 3 current styles then you could organize your styles like this:

Parent
    --Child1
    --Child2
    --Child3

The Parent style would have the customized postbit template. The 3 child styles would not have a customized postbit template. With this setup the 3 child styles would inherit the postbit template of the Parent. Now if you want to change the postbit for all 3 child styles then you just have to edit the Parent style. When you add a new style just add it as a child of the Parent and it will automatically inherit the customized postbit.

Leave a comment:

• Pandora
    replied
    One last question...for future skins that I create...will those template adjustments and codings be in the new skin templates automatically or will you have to adjust the codings gain on new skins? How will the new coding adjustments work with new skins in the future?

Leave a comment:

• Pandora
    replied
    HUGE THANK YOU to Jake!!! He is a GENIUS!!!! He was indeed a huge help and he solved my problems with coding the templates and a few other minor adjustments...I am forever in his debt and grateful for all he has done...

Thank you Jake for all your help and support! My members are luving the new features very much thanx to u!

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    I got this sorted yesterday. There was no problem with using $post['fieldX']. I never got any errors.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    try

<if condition="$post[fieldX]"><div>

iinstead of

<if condition="$post['fieldX']"><div>

Leave a comment:

• envy-uk
    replied
    I get the same error when trying to submit my changes. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Originally posted by Pandora
    Is it possible for you to do this for me since am having trouble?
    Sure. Send me a private message with your forum URL and an admin login.

Leave a comment:

• Pandora
    replied
    I am gettin this error message when I edit the templates:
    Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in /home/pandy/public_html/boards/includes/adminfunctions_template.php(3037) : eval()'d code on line 67
    Is it possible for you to do this for me since am having trouble?

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Then find this code in your postbit template and add the red code:

Code:
    			<td valign="top" nowrap="nowrap">

<div class="smallfont">
    					<if condition="$post['joindate']"><div>$vbphrase[join_date]: $post[joindate]</div></if>
    <if condition="$post['field2']"><div>$vbphrase[location_perm]: $post[field2]</div></if>
    					<if condition="$post['age']"><div>$vbphrase[age]: $post[age]</div></if>
    					<div>
    						$vbphrase[posts]: $post[posts]
    						<if condition="$show['reputation']">$post[reputationdisplay]</if>
    					</div>
    					[color=red]<if condition="$post['fieldX']"><div>
    					$post['fieldX']
    					</div></if>[/color]
    					<div>$post[icqicon] $post[aimicon] $post[msnicon] $post[yahooicon]</div>
    				</div>

</td>
    That should be a good spot for a profile field. Change the two instances of fieldX appropriately.

Leave a comment:

• Pandora
    replied
    The default layout...like this forum layout

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X