Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merging an old forum db with a new forum db

Hi folks,

Right from the get-go I know this is going to be a tall order so bear with me.
    I have an old forum database which I'm upgrading to 3.0.1 in my testvb folder so it matches my current live forums. I want to take everything from the newly upgraded old database and add it to the live database.

Every record from the old database will have higher id numbers (obviously) than the current records but should appear on the forums as normal due to the UNIX timestamps.

The old database has just over 200 members and 6500 posts with only 15 attachments, the live database has just under 100 members and 1500 posts with just over 20 attachments (at last check).

Does anybody know of a good (ie. reasonably quick) way to renumber the records (adding a value to the id number value) then insert them into the new database? I am aware it'll be complex what with linking attachments to posts, posts to threads and users, and threads to forums.

If anybody has attempted this in the past and succeeded and can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Cheers,
    Robert
    Visit NoizPollution.com // Your Music Source

Do not PM or email me for support, you will not receive a response. Please post all requests for support in the main vBulletin forums or via the support system in the main members section of the site.

Why not just use the IMPEX system and the vBulletin 3.0.X importer to import your old database into the new one. IMPEX will worry about renumbering everything and making sure it lines up properly.

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/import.php
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Sounds good! I didn't even know about that.
      Visit NoizPollution.com // Your Music Source

Do not PM or email me for support, you will not receive a response. Please post all requests for support in the main vBulletin forums or via the support system in the main members section of the site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X