Scheduled Tasks: Time Tolerance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduled Tasks: Time Tolerance

I'm aware that there needs to be some activity on your forum for the scheduled tasks to run, however my question is ...

If you've setup a task to run every hour, what time tolerance is there for the task to run? For example, if the task it set for 14:00 then does sombody on the fourm have to be doing something at exactly 14:00 to trigger the task to run? If this is the case, does this mean that it can be anywhere from 14:00:00 to 14:00:59?

Thanks

Ah no, it will activate as soon as it can after 14:00, even if it 5 hours later when someone accesses the forum.

Comment

In which case mine isn't working. They work if I select RUN NOW, but others just have dates / times on them that are days on (since I last run them manually).

I'm on 3.0.1. Any ideas? The $cronimage variable is in the footer template. As this is a new board it's only me on there at the moment. Are admins excluded from the scheduled tasks whilst browsing the forum?

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

Not sure why it wouldnt be working, have you modified any files?

Comment

Not that would stop the crons from working to my knowledge. I've installed a few hacks (as you know ) and the cronimage code is in the footer, which I believe is the main reason why these wouldn't run automatically?

Comment

Well, what hacks have you installed?

Comment

• VBAdvanced
                • uCash uShop
                • v3 Arcade
                • Who Viewed this Thread
                • 15 Latest Searches
                • RSS Newsfeeds
                • Microstats
                • Forumhome Stats Cache

Comment

Sorry but we really can't provide support for hacked forums here. You can try asking over at vbulletin.org.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

How did I know that was coming . Was just looking for general guidance. Thx. anyway.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X