Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My vBulletin options are empty and other things are messed up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My vBulletin options are empty and other things are messed up?

Okay, I got everything loaded onto the server earlier tonight, got my admin and everything set up. I go into my admin cp and click on vBulletin Options and there is nothing in the drop down menu? Then I try to make a post on the board and it goes through and I can see my post but when I get back to the forum home it shows no posts?
    And if I try to go into Forum Manager and try to make any adjustments I get this error?
    "Could not find phrase 'saved_display_order_successfully'." as well as this
    "Could not find phrase 'saved_forum_X_successfully'."
    How do I fix this? Did I load something wrong or need to reload something?
    When loading it onto my server I created a vbulletin directory in that I uploaded
    license_agreement
    vb3_beta3_readme
    vb3_beta5_readme
    vb3_beta7_readme
    vb3_rc_readme
    then I created the upload directory and everything in that as it was in the download along with it's seperate directories and so forth. Was I maybe not suppose to load the readmes?
    ANy help would be great..
    Thanks,
    D.Divine

Got a Boxer?
    BoxerTalk

No you only need to upload the files in the upload folder.

Your error mgessages indicated your language file was not upload or not imported into the database correctly, from the DO_NOT_UPLOAD folder, upload tools.php to your admincp directory, and also reupload the vbulletin-language.xml file to the install directory. then use tools.php to reimport your language file after its done delete tools.php from your admincp folder.

Comment

Okay did that now how exactly do I use tools.php to reimport my language file? I mean what's my next step? Sounds stupid I know...sorry

Got a Boxer?
      BoxerTalk

Comment

Okay figured that out..DUH me!

Now the forum options are now there and looks good and I am able to manage the forums and so on but when I go to forum home it shows that I made a post so I click on that forum (the only one I have presently) and it says

There have been no posts in the last 30 days in this forum. Now why does it says this?

Got a Boxer?
        BoxerTalk

Comment

This is now fixed...

but when I go to forum home it shows that I made a post so I click on that forum (the only one I have presently) and it says

There have been no posts in the last 30 days in this forum.
          Just curious if anyone ever figured out why it's telling me there are no new posts when obviously there are?
          Gonna try some stuff, check back here later..
          D.Divine
          Last edited by DarknessDivine; Fri 28 May '04, 10:33am.

Got a Boxer?
          BoxerTalk

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X