Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Privite message problem

Hey , i seem to be having a problem with my privite messaging system ,
    A member told me that they couldnt send or see their inbox . So i went to look at their user primisions and nothing in there to enable them , then when i log on to my user account it and trys to send a pm to them , it responds

****** has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Is there a way i can enable all pms to be able to be send and recived on the board.

Also i have this enabled :

Private Messaging Options Private Messaging Enabled
    Turns the entire private messaging system on and off. YES

Thank you

Goto the admin control panel > usergroups > usergroup manager > edit the usergroup this user is in and see how the privmsg permissions are setup for this usergroup.

Comment

thank you for helping me with this problem , i also have 2 others.

Firstly ,
      We have different ranks on the board , and as the ranks go down , the members have less editing options ,, I would like some members to be able to edit , close , move , but NOT delete , but every time i set this in the user group and also on the forum primissions , it doesnt take effect . The only way i can , is by makin them supermods which i do not want as they are able to delete .

Secondly , when i was instaling my board , i set the admin as my self , not thinking that i couldnt set another admin with the same user powers as me .

But on the board i co run it with another member. But when i set his status to admin , it doesnt give him all the options that i can see on the admin panel , i was wondering is there a way i could set him to have the same powers as me , e,g Style editting, user seach ,

Thank's

Comment

I have to go now, but to quickly answer the last question.
        When you add a user his profile and set the usergroup to administrator and save him, the top of the page will say in red text : Click here to update the administrator permissions.

You can edit existing admins too though.

Anyway, each admin has to be given the permissions they should have, just like users and their usergroups, and moderators.

Comment

Working...
        X