Extended Thread Display Function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended Thread Display Function

When you hover over a thread and a box appears with extended info ~ where is this being called. Thank you.

Hi there

That thread preview is an option you can turn on/off in the admin control panel, you can also set the amount of characters showing.

Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Forum Display Options (forumdisplay) > Length of Thread Preview Text

This setting allows you to specify how many characters of the first post in a thread to display in the 'title' tag of the thread title on the forumdisplay page.

Set this value to 0 to disable thread previews.

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply

actually I wanted to know how to make it so the user clicks on the link for the extended display to occur rather then hovering over it. I have a programmer working on some stuff and I'm using the drop down menu which vb uses, but the drop down menu contains links some of which are clickable, but some I want to be clickable and simply show exteneded display.

Comment

While we're at it, can we extend the length of time the preview appears?

I can't believe it, but someone wants it to remain longer, so just wondering if I can say "No" and not be lying, LOL.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X